Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where can i get a Ventriloquist Half-Face Mask from?

Some ventrilioquists use these half-face mask things that they normally put on a face of an audience member. I'm not sure if they have a particular name, but i really need to know where i can buy one...





If they do have a specific name, that would make it easier for me to try and find them somewhere, but at the moment, i'm not having much luck....





Anything that could help, where or what...... would be very much appreciated





Thank YouWhere can i get a Ventriloquist Half-Face Mask from?
Before you do it, I have to tell you that Ronn Lucas claims the rights to that. It is something where he may start to take legal action, but has not done so yet to the best of my knowledge. Just letting you know that ahead of time.





So with that, I'd like to begin by presenting you with one that is definitely legal:


http://www.stephenknowles.us/shop.php





It's one made out of paper and it is great if you are doing birthday parties, because you can purchase them in bulk and give them away.





That said, let me give you a brief history of the ventriloquist mask you're thinking of. The history is very confusing and there seems to be no real way to tell the whole story. It seems, just from a completely unbiased standpoint, that Ronn Lucas and Bill Boley both came up with the idea at a similar time. Again, that's debatable and I won't get into who is right, but since that time there has been a lot of discussion on who exactly has the rights to the mask.





I also think I heard that Ronn Lucas purchased the idea from Joel from Mystery Science Theater 3000 (the Television show), but can't recall where I heard that nor whether that information is correct. So don't judge me if I am wrong there.





Joe Boley, Bill's son, currently makes one a model with a pull string. I forget the price on them, but I think they run about $100 or so each(??)





Here is that web site:


http://www.realpages.com/sites/showcase/鈥?/a>





Paige Parnell also makes one for about $125:


http://www.ventrilomask.com/purchase.htm





Both of those use pull strings. There are some for about $200-$250 that have a trigger you pull that opens and closes the mouth. I can dig up resources for those if you really want to spend the extra money for that.





Hope this helps!


MattWhere can i get a Ventriloquist Half-Face Mask from?
Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but there are some Mardi Gras and Halloween half masks at sources.
places like eBay or other places such as magic shop.





Sorry if i am not allowed to use other websites in yahoo answers.
Have you tried E-bay, I've had other ventriloquist stuff from there.

2 comments:

  1. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me. Best Full Face Respirators in 2018

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks フィメールマスク

    ReplyDelete