Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where can I find a HEPA mask or respirator?

I'm in need of a HEPA mask or respirator because there's asbestos in my apartment. I've tried Lowe's and Home Depot and various pharmacies, but I haven't been able to find one. Does anyone know what kind of store would sell them or a particular store in Denver that would have them?Where can I find a HEPA mask or respirator?
Maybe you could order one at amazon.Where can I find a HEPA mask or respirator?
You should seriously consider having the asbestos removed by an asbestos removal company as it is not safe for you to remove it yourself. Also, the asbestos needs to be disposed of properly by law, i.e. not dumbed in a garbage bin or on a tip.





If the apartment is not your own - i.e. you are renting it - then your landlord has the responsibility to have the asbestos removed safely.





I am concerned for you as I wondering what sort of condition the asbestos is in and how long you have been exposed to it? i.e. when it is damaged or degraded it is what is known as being (friable) which means that the asbestos material is releasing fibers and dust into the air and can be inhaled.





Please seek professional advice about the asbestos - it could be detrimental to your health.





I have included my website where you can find more information on the hazards of asbestos and advice regarding safe removal.





Kind regards,





Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment